bold, unique style and totally en vogue
Based in London, Max is an 18-year-old internationally exhibiting, award-winning artist.
His art holds a mirror to the world and mocks it. Max paints in oils on raised handmade textured boards, designed to mimic the brick walls that attract graffiti. This unique combination creates a modern, urban appeal and gives a three-dimensional aspect to each painting.
Raised in the wild South Island of New Zealand, Max uses his artworks to
creatively express important messages and influences others through his work.
His artistic talent and community service initiatives have been recognised
by the achievement of multiple awards in New Zealand and internationally:
• Special Mention of Excellence Award 2019 - Biennale of Art, London
• 2019 - Youngest accepted exhibitor for the Biennale of Art, London
• Diana Award 2017 - At 16 years of age, Max was the first New Zealand
winner of this prestigious international leadership award presented to 20 young people around the world annually for exceptional service to their community & country
• Sir Peter Blake Young Leaders Award 2014 - a national award presented to 1 member from each province for service to their community
• Outlook for Someday 2015 - national cinematography award
• Victoria University Wellington Photography & Language (Spanish) award 2016
• Elected as Head Boy, Mount Aspiring College, Wanaka, New Zealand 2018